Nonresident Library Cards
Effective – January 3, 2017
A Non-resident Card allows individuals to check out items owned by the Fort Worth Library, access online databases, download items such as music and e-Books, and use Library computers. Not valid for MetrOPAC items. Cards are valid for one year from date of purchase. Standard checkout limits apply.
Proper identification is required to receive a Non-resident Card. See the Circulation Policy for complete rules concerning Non-resident Cards.
Non-resident Student Card
A non-resident individual currently attending pre-K through 12th grade at any formally recognized educational institution may use Fort Worth Library services and materials, including remote access to FWL-licensed databases, e-books and other electronic services at no cost. NSCs expire one year after the date issued. Enrollment is subject to verification. Acceptable forms of verification include the following:
- Current Student ID
- Report card or progress report dated within the last six months
- Current school-enrollment paperwork
- Current school-issued class schedule
- Letter from a teacher, principal or school librarian on school letterhead
Non-resident City of Fort Worth Employee Card
City of Fort Worth employees who are not residents of Fort Worth are eligible for a free library card.
- A non-resident City of Fort Worth employee must complete an application and show proof of current address and employee identification.
- Non-resident City of Fort Worth employees have the same borrowing privileges as Fort Worth residents, including offsite access to licensed, online databases and downloadable books, music or movies.
- Non-resident employees’ family members are not eligible for library cards.
- Cards must be renewed annually. Employee identification and proof of current address are required to renew cards.
Note: Punch Cards will no longer be available for purchase after January 1, 2017. Existing punch cards will be valid through June 2, 2017.
Last updated: Dec. 19, 2016