Nonresident Library Cards
If you do not live in or own property in Fort Worth, do not qualify for a TexShare card or are not a resident of a MetrOPAC city, you may obtain a Non-Resident Card. A Nonresident Card lets you check out items owned by the Fort Worth Library and use Library computers. A Nonresident Card cannot be used for offsite access to the Library’s licensed, online databases; to download digital books, music or movies; or to borrow materials owned by MetrOPAC libraries.
Proper identification is required to receive a Nonresident Card. See the Circulation Policy for complete rules concerning Non-Resident Cards.
There are several Nonresident Card options:
- Nonresident Donor Card
A nonresident individual donating $100 or more to the Fort Worth Library, The Fort Worth Public Library Foundation, or the Friends of the Fort Worth Public Library, Inc. is entitled to an NDC. With an NDC, you may borrow library materials and use library services, including offsite access to licensed, online databases. Donor cards are valid one year for every $100 dollars donated, up to a maximum of five years.
Nonresident Individual Card
A nonresident individual may purchase an NIC to borrow library materials in the following quantities:
- 3 items - $5
- 7 items - $10
- 18 items - $25
- 40 items - $50
Nonresident Institutional Card
A corporation, partnership, organization or other entity may pay an annual fee for library materials and services, which are available to its members and employees:
- 50 items per month - $150 annually
- Use of one service monthly - $150 annually
- Both of the above - $300 annually
Nonresident Student Card
A nonresident individual currently attending pre-K through 12th grade may use Fort Worth Library services and materials, including remote access to FWL-licensed databases, e-books and other electronic services. NSCs expire one year after the date issued. Enrollment is subject to verification. Acceptable forms of verification include the following:
- Current Student ID
- Report card or progress report dated within the last six months
- Current school-enrollment paperwork
- Current school-issued class schedule
- Letter from a teacher, principal or school librarian on school letterhead
Nonresident Volunteer Card
A nonresident individual who completes 100 volunteer hours through the Library’s Volunteer Program is entitled to an NVC, which provides borrowing and service privileges. The card is valid for one year following completion of the 100 hours and may be renewed upon completion of an additional 100 hours of service. NVCs may not be used for offsite access to licensed databases or downloadable books, music or movies.
Nonresident City of Fort Worth Employee Card
- City of Fort Worth employees who are not residents of Fort Worth are eligible for a free library card.
- A nonresident City of Fort Worth employee must complete an application and show proof of current address and employee identification.
- Nonresident City of Fort Worth employees have the same borrowing privileges as Fort Worth residents, including offsite access to licensed, online databases and downloadable books, music or movies.
- Nonresident employees’ family members are not eligible for library cards.
- Cards must be renewed annually. Employee identification and proof of current address are required to renew cards.
Last updated: Sept. 2, 2014