Nonresident Individual Card
A Nonresident Card allows individuals to check out items owned by the Fort Worth Library, access online databases, download items such as music and e-Books, and use Library computers. Not valid for MetrOPAC items. Cards are valid for one year from date of purchase. Standard checkout limits apply.
Proper identification is required to receive a Nonresident Card. See the Circulation Policy for complete rules concerning Non-resident Cards.
Nonresident Student Card
A nonresident individual currently attending pre-K through 12th grade at any formally recognized educational institution may use Fort Worth Library services and materials, including remote access to FWL-licensed databases, e-books and other electronic services at no cost. NSCs expire one year after the date issued. Enrollment is subject to verification. Acceptable forms of verification include the following:
- Current Student ID
- Report card or progress report dated within the last six months
- Current school-enrollment paperwork
- Current school-issued class schedule
- Letter from a teacher, principal or school librarian on school letterhead
Nonresident City of Fort Worth Employee Card
City of Fort Worth employees who are not residents of Fort Worth are eligible for a free library card.
- A nonresident City of Fort Worth employee must complete an application and show proof of current address and employee identification.
- Nonresident City of Fort Worth employees have the same borrowing privileges as Fort Worth residents, including offsite access to licensed, online databases and downloadable books, music or movies.
- Nonresident employees’ family members are not eligible for library cards.
- Cards must be renewed annually. Employee identification and proof of current address are required to renew cards.
Nonresident Volunteer Cards
Nonresidents who complete 100 hours of volunteer service through the Library’s Volunteer Program may receive one Nonresident Volunteer Card entitling them to borrow library materials or use library services free of charge during the time the card is valid. Such card is valid for one year following completion of the 100 hours and may be renewed upon completion of an additional 100 hours service. Nonresident Volunteer Cards have full access to Fort Worth Library materials and services, including remote access to OverDrive, online databases, and other electronic resources.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Aug. 31, 2017