The Fort Worth Chapter of the American Guild of Organists was established on November 4, 1930, at the Polytechnic Methodist Church. Its purposes were to “advance the cause of worthy church music; to elevate the status of church musicians; and to increase appreciation of their responsibilities, duties and opportunities as conductors of worship.” Over the years, it sponsored many musical programs in the community by locally and nationally known musicians.
The collection was donated to the library in August 2000, by the Fort Worth Chapter.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection comprises nine scrapbooks dated from 1930 - 1955, and from 1971 - 1999, as well as various regional convention programs from the the 1990s. It is housed in eight boxes.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 6, 2014