The Archival Collection is open to any researcher wanting to make use of the materials in the collections, subject to the regulations outlined below.
- All researchers must register at the service desk.
- Materials housed in the Archives may not be checked out.
- Researchers should study the available finding aids to determine which materials they wish to examine.
- Materials will be brought to researchers one or two boxes at a time.
- Researchers must use the materials in the Genealogy, Local History, and Archives area.
- The materials must be handled with care. Researchers may not make any marks on the materials and must leave the documents in their existing arrangement. In some cases, the archivist may require researchers to use white cotton gloves while they examine materials.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Library.
- Laptop computers may be used, but they must have their own power source because convenient electrical outlets are not available.
- Most materials may be photocopied, unless they are fragile, oversized, or subject to copyright restrictions. Copying of an entire collection is not permitted, and we ask that copies of materials belonging to the Fort Worth Public Library not be deposited at another archives or library.
- Reproduction of photographs must be arranged by the archivist/librarian.
- The Library claims only physical ownership of much of the materials in its collections. It is the researcher’s responsibility to respect literary property rights and conform to all copyright laws affecting the materials.
- Upon leaving the Library, researchers must notify the archivist/librarian that they are finished with the materials.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
- Library Advisory Board
Follow the Library
Last updated: Jan. 30, 2014