Home > Departments > Library

 

Bonds Ranch and Burnett Family Photographs

Biography

This collection consists of family photographs originally belonging to Pete Burnett and the Burnett family. Pete Burnett was a ranch foreman for the Bonds Ranch for 32 years. The ranch was located in North West Tarrant County, between Haslet and Saginaw. Bob Bonds, the owner of the ranch, died in 1954. Mr. Burnett continued to work at the ranch for Mrs. Bonds until his retirement in 1977.

Provenance

This collection was donated to the library by Mary Holt in 2010. Mrs. Holt discovered the material at an estate sale, and realized that it was related to Tarrant County history.

Scope and Contents Note

This collection consists of approximately 130 black and white snapshots of family and ranch life in North West Tarrant County. The subjects are Mr. Burnett, his family, and scenes around the Bonds ranch. The photographs range in size from 2”X 2” to 6 ½” X 3 ½”. They reflect the working life of a medium sized Texas cattle ranch in the mid 20th Century. Although the photographs are undated, internal evidence suggests they range from the 1910s and ‘20s to the mid 1970s. This collection is stored in one 3” letter sized record box or .25 linear feet of materials.

  • Folder 1. Six Christmas albums with three to six 3 ½ X 6 ½ black and white prints of the Bonds Ranch and the Burnett family; nineteen loose 3 ½ X 6 ½ black and white prints of the Bonds Ranch and the Burnett family.
  • Folder 2. 32 Black and white photographs of family and ranch life, of various sizes
  • Folder 3. 38 Black and white photographs of family and ranch life, of various sizes
  • Folder 4. Clippings relating to the Burnett family and the ranch

Return to Archival Collections

Last updated: June 9, 2014