The Brown family patriarch was Earl Young Brown, who was born in Granbury, Texas on September 11, 1896. Mr. Brown wed Eula Howell, born July 23, 1896, on December 31, 1914, in Plainview, Texas. Their son, E. Y. Brown, Jr., was born in Plainview, Texas, on March 11, 1920. Richard Marcus Brown was born on February 5, 1933, in Tarrant County, Texas.
Mr. and Mrs. E. Y. Brown were married 74 years. Mr. Brown died November 4, 1988. Mrs. Brown died February 28, 1992.
E. Y. Brown, Jr. entered the Air Force in 1942. He retired as a lieutenant colonel after serving 28 years. He was married to Mary, and they had two children, Tim and Debbie. Mr. Brown died September 26, 2008.
Richard Marcus Brown graduated from Texas A & M University in 1956. He had three children, sons Kevin Charles and Peter Glenn, and daughter Michelle Suzanne. Mr. Brown died June 12, 1998.
The collection was donated to the library on September 1, 2009, by Michelle Brown.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of family photographs, slides, correspondence, yearbooks, and memorabilia. The materials date from 1906 – 1996 and measure 2.50 linear feet (6 boxes).
- Series 1 : Correspondence (1946-1982), consists of letters and postcards.
- Series 2: Photographs and Negatives (ca. 1950s), consists of family photographs.
- Series 3: Slides (1951-1973), consists of slides of the family. Many of the original slides developed vinegar syndrome, so they were scanned to preserve the image. A CD containing the scanned slides is housed within the third series.
- Series 4: Yearbooks (1906-1996), consists of three yearbooks and the loose materials stored between the pages.
- Series 5: Memorabilia (ca. 1960s), consists of a rubber stamp, stamp plates, a pocket protractor, and loose materials.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 9, 2014