The City of Polytechnic was an independent community in Tarrant county from 1898 - 1922. It sprang up around the Polytechnic College, later called Texas Wesleyan University, which was established by the Southern Methodist Conference. In 1919, the census recorded the population to be 5,173. Three years later, the residents were annexed as part of Fort Worth.
This record was in the possession of the Fort Worth City Secretary until it was transferred to the library in 1996.
Scope and Description
This record consists of one volume of births and deaths from 1916 to 1922. It provides parents’ names, dates, sex, race and nationality.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 10, 2014