The Mary Isham Keith Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution was organized on June 15, 1898, to promote American history, patriotism, education, good citizenship, community service, historic preservation, love of country and the ideals of the founders. Membership is open to those who trace, with documentation, their ancestors who served in the Revolutionary War.
The yearbooks were donated to the library by the Chapter in November of 1948. The scrapbooks were donated to the library by Joye K. Evetts on June 24th, August 25th, and September 23rd, 2011. The provenance of the minutes is unknown.
Scope and Contents Note
The Daughters of the American Revolution: Mary Isham Keith Chapter Collection consists of scrapbooks, yearbooks, and minutes. The materials date from 1903-1989 and measure 4.73 linear feet (13 boxes).
- Series 1 - Minutes (1936-1943, 1959-1961): Contains the minutes from meetings.
- Series 2 - Yearbooks (1903-1949): Documents officers, chapter by-laws and meeting minutes.
- Series 3 - Scrapbooks (1938-1989): Documents the history and events of the chapter.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 16, 2014