Eleanor (Ellie) Hutcheson was born on August 9, 1925, in Long Island, New York. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida in 1950. Mrs. Hutcheson married Billy Couts Hutcheson on May 24, 1952. Daughters Dorothy and Holly were born in 1954, and 1957, respectively.
Mrs. Hutcheson has been a member of the Fort Worth Genealogical since 1958, the year after its inception. She served in many leadership positions throughout her long association with the society, including: President, Board of Directors (1967 - 69, 2000 - 01), Treasurer (1962 - 63), Assistant Treasurer (1964), Program Chairman (1974), Parliamentarian (1973, 2007, 2010), and Historian (2003 - 04). In addition, Mrs. Hutcheson served on multiple committees, wrote book reviews for the Society’s quarterly journal, Footprints and was an informative speaker. She also worked on the Texas Marriage Collections of the Fort Worth Genealogical Society in 2012. In June 2003, Mrs. Hutcheson was awarded an Honorary Life Membership in the Society.
- Fort Worth Genealogical Society. Footprints 50, no. 2 (May 2007).
The collection was donated to the library by Roy Combrink on August 23, 2012.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of bible records, research materials, certificates, awards, books, and other printed materials Ellie Hutcheson used in her genealogical research. The materials date from 1892 - 2007 and measure 3.84 linear feet (9 boxes). The collection is arranged into 5 series.
- Series 1 - Bible Records (1962 - 1998): Consists of copied pages from bibles dating back to the mid-18th Century through the early 20th Century. This series contains the majority of the records in the collection.
- Series 2 - Notes and Research (1968 - 2007): Ms. Hutcheson’s hand written notes and research she was conducting on the Anderson, Couts, and Hutcheson families. Included are reproductions of correspondence by members of these families.
- Series 3 - Miscellaneous (1968 - 2007): Holds assorted materials collected or created by Ms. Hutcheson.
- Series 4 - Certificates, Announcements, Awards (1892, 1936 – 2003): Ms. Hutcheson’s personal and family materials. The certificates, awards, and announcements relate mainly to Mrs. Hutcheson’s husband, Billy Couts Hutcheson.
- Series 5 - Books: Contains Genealogy books as well as books about The Woman’s Club of Fort Worth. 2 copies of Here It Is – Hutcheson Genealogy, compiled by Martrue Hutcheson Greenwood, contain handwritten notes.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 17, 2014