Home > Departments > Library

 

Fort Worth Exchange Club

History

The Fort Worth Exchange Club is the local chapter of the National Exchange Club founded in 1911. It is a business and professional men’s and women’s service organization involved in child abuse, crime prevention, good citizenship, youth, and community service. The Fort Worth group was established in 1924. It instituted an annual Golden Deeds Award to honor Fort Worth’s outstanding citizens.

Provenance

The collection was developed by the library through the donation or purchase of individual programs over the years. In 1994, the Fort Worth Exchange Club donated some duplicates of older programs and began to send the annual programs directly to the library.

Scope and Contents Note

The collection comprises three boxes of programs from the annual Golden Deeds Award banquets dated from 1924 to present. The programs include photographs of the honoree, biographical information, and descriptions of the banquet menu and activities.

Back to Archival Collections

Last updated: June 26, 2014