The General Edward H. Tarrant Chapter of the National Society United States Daughters of 1812 was founded March 18, 1948. The purpose of this organization is to promote patriotism and to preserve and increase knowledge of the history of the American people. The society does this by working to preserve documents and relics, the marking of historic spots and the recording of family histories and traditions. The society also promotes the celebration of patriotic anniversaries and the teaching of American history with an emphasis on heroic deeds between the close of the American Revolution and the close of the War of 1812.
- General Edward H. Tarrant Chapter- United Daughters of 1812. Last modified February 2, 2013. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txgt1812/index.htm.
A scrapbook from the National Society United States Daughters of 1812, General Edward H. Tarrant Chapter was donated to the library by Gail Lewellen on June 28, 2006. Dorothy Butler Truitt donated additional records on November 2, 2007, and Joy Evetts donated another scrapbook on July 24, 2012.
Scope and Description
The National Society United States Daughters of 1812, General Edward H. Tarrant Chapter Records contain scrapbooks and meeting minutes. The materials date from 1954 - 2008 and measure 2.5 linear feet (5 boxes). The collection is arranged into two series.
- Series I : Meeting Minutes (1958 - 1996) - Consists of meeting minutes from chapter meetings. The minutes reference chapter officers, members, causes supported by the chapter, and programs and events. The minutes from 1990-1992 include a list of the past presidents and a listing of the years with missing minutes.
- Series II : Scrapbooks (1954 - 2008) - Contains four scrapbooks. They contain photographs, clippings, programs, certificates, and other printed materials created or collected by the chapter.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: June 27, 2014