Home > Departments > Library

 

Huguenot Society of Texas | Navarre Chapter

History

The Huguenot Society of Texas is an ancestral organization. Membership is available to those of direct descent from a French Protestant who, after December 10, 1520, arrived in North America prior to November 28, 1787, or who emigrated from France to some other country.

The objective of these organizations is to perpetuate the memory and to promote the documents, relics, and monuments relating to the history of the Huguenots. The Navarre Chapter, the local Fort Worth/Dallas chapter, was established on September 29, 1955 in the home of Mrs. Marvin Nichols.

Provenance

The records were donated on November 10, 2001, by Patsy O’Neal, the Society’s historian.

Scope and Contents Note

The records consist of scrapbooks and the historian record.

Return to Archival Collections

Last updated: July 1, 2014