Drew Spencer Clifton was born in Meridian, Mississippi on November 26, 1909. He moved to Fort Worth with his family when he was eleven. He was a graduate of the old Central High School and attended Texas Christian University, Columbia, Cumberland Law School and Jefferson University. While attending TCU, he was managing director of the Panther Boys Club.
He was an Army warrant officer in World War II. On January 25, 1946, he was appointed Judge of the County Court of Law and won re-election as a Democrat until his retirement. He belonged to various organizations including Broadway Baptist Church, American Legion, Fort Worth Chapter of the Composers, Authors and Artists of America, VGW, Amvets, Moslah Shrine Temple and North Fort Worth Kiwanis Club. He married Inez Jones on July 3, 1938 and they resided at 5208 Byers at the time of his death on December 5, 1988.
The Library purchased this collection at an antique shop in Lake Worth in 1995. It was apparently owned by Judge Clifton himself.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of a scrapbook pertaining to Judge Clifton’s career from 1949 - 1957. It includes clippings, programs, membership cards, photographs and other items.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: July 17, 2014