Lynn Diaz (L D) Pierce III was born in 1954 to J L Pierce and Juanita Faus Pierce in Hansford County, Texas. He grew up with four siblings, Tylan, Karon, Jammie, and Rosa. Mr. Pierce graduated from Spearman High in 1972, attended a foreign exchange program in Salvador Bahia Brazil in 1975, and graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1977.
While at Texas Tech he was of Chairman of the Public Relations Committee and a member of Alpha Kappa Psi, professional business fraternity. After graduation, Mr. Pierce was a sales representative for J & G Waste Systems of Lubbock. He has also been self-employed, owning SOS Products in Dallas, TX selling security products to businesses.
Mr. Pierce became interested in genealogy in 1994 after many years of encouragement from his mother, Juanita. She had conducted her own research on the Faus family. He has completed genealogy books about the Pierce’s, and he still researches the Pierce family and many other family lines.
- Pierce, LD. LD Pierce Biography. Accessed July 2. 2013. http://www.ldpierce.com/ldpbiog.html.
The materials were donated to the library by L D Pierce on September 24, 2008.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of printed materials, correspondence, clippings, research materials, publications, photographs, ledgers, maps, and family heirlooms collected by Mr. Pierce and other family members in the course of conducting genealogical research. The materials date from 1898 - 2006 with the bulk of materials dating from 1950 - 2002. The collection measures 6.95 linear feet (16 boxes), and it is arranged into 7 series.
- Series I - Personal and Biographical (1898 - 2004): Contains correspondence, cards, programs, obituaries, and funeral programs collected by LD Pierce, his mother, Juanita, and his grandmother, Julia Hibbs McManus.
- Series II - Genealogical Research (1921 - 2006): Consists of materials Mr. Pierce used in his genealogical research such as family trees, Gen Forum postings, county histories, biographies, and family histories. This series contains the subseries, Families. It is arranged by family and contains his research, writings, and other documents about the family lines he has researched. The majority of the materials relate to the Faus, Hibbs, and Pierce lines. Some folders contain information on multiple families so they were placed with the general genealogy research materials.
- Series III - Correspondence (1996 - 2000): Contains emails, letters, and forum postings about different families.
- Series IV - Clippings and Newspapers (1923 - 2002): Newspaper articles and newspapers from the Amarillo Daily News, Amarillo Globe-Times, Spearman Reporter, The Hansford Plainsman, The Hansford County Reporter-Statesman, The Temple Daily Telegram, and Northwest Oklahoman & Ellis County News. Mr. Pierce and his family members saved obituaries, articles about family members and friends, and other articles of interest.
- Series V - Photographs (1890s - 1980s): Contains family photographs, negatives, and an album. The album is fragile, and it contains some loose photographs and clippings.
- Series VI - Ledgers (1908 - 1925): Consists of 2 ledgers. 1 is from the Order of the Eastern Star and the other is a Tellers Cash ledger that has had some loose clippings pasted on some of the pages.
- Series VII - Heirlooms : A very small series made up of baby clothes and a pair of glasses.
Related Archival Collections
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Aug. 1, 2014