Home > Departments > Library


Lyle Keith Williams Papers


Lyle Keith Williams was a genealogist who authored several books, including The Batchelor – Williams Families and Related Lines, and The Williams Families of New Jersey.

He was born February 11, 1915 in Glencoe, Oklahoma and married Jean Batchelor of Como, Texas. Mr. Williams served in the Civilian Conservation Corps, the Oklahoma National Guard, and the U.S. Army. He worked for the Federal Government in several capacities before retiring from the General Services Administration, which he served as a Regional Commissioner for the Federal Supply Service.

The Tarrant County Executive Board named Mr. Williams “Civil Servant of the Year” in 1968. He also contributed to his community via the United Way, Tarrant County Safety Council, and the United Fund. Mr. Williams and his wife were very active members of their church, Meadowbrook United Methodist. In addition to the books mentioned above, Mr. Williams also published a history of his church and was the editor of The Stovall Journal, a genealogical periodical. Mr. Williams passed away March 5, 2010.


  • “Biographical Sketch of Lyle Keith Williams”, found in collection (Box 2, folder 15).


The materials were donated to the library by the family of Lyle Keith Williams, at his behest. The date of the donation is unknown.

Scope and Contents Note

The Lyle Keith Williams Papers consist of correspondence, clippings, photocopied material from books, family group sheets, queries submitted to genealogical publications, census records, marriage records, estate records, and abstract records collected by Mr. Williams as he performed genealogical research and compiled his books. His research was focused on the Williams and Batchelor families. Duplicate copies of materials, when present, have been retained due to annotation by Mr. Williams regarding the particular lines he researched. The materials date from 1910-1999 with the bulk of the material dating from 1993. The collection measures 3.59 linear feet (7 boxes).

Return to Archival Collections

Last updated: May 5, 2015