Magnolia Avenue Christian Church was founded in 1897 as the Tabernacle Christian Church. They moved from their downtown location at 5th and Throckmorton to 950 West Magnolia Avenue in 1909 under the leadership of Dr. Edward M. Waits. Dr. Waits became pastor in 1907 and served the church until 1916. Afterwards, he was president of Texas Christian University for 25 years.
The church was one of the first congregations to move to the near Southside to serve that growing population. The church was formally dedicated on March 27, 1910. The congregation was disbanded in 1983 because of dwindling membership.
The scrapbook was donated by Mrs. Donald E. McCue in 1990.
Scope and Contents Note
The scrapbook consists of a history, brochures, clippings, order of worships, membership book, etc.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Sept. 17, 2014