Marion Day Mullins (1894 - 1988) was a genealogist and historian. She was a lifelong resident of Fort Worth and the daughter of an early physician, Dr. Frank M. Mullins, and Emma Day Mullins. She was in Fort Worth’s first group of debutantes presented at the Assembly Ball of 1913. She was elected president of the Fort Worth Panhellenic Association. Mullins was national president of Kappa Delta sorority from 1915 - 1919. She wrote a history of the sorority in the 1930’s. She was a charter member of the Woman’s Club of Fort Worth in 1923. She was active in the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs, directing its headquarters in 1928 - 1930 and was past president of the Fort Worth Round Table. She was a graduate of TCU and was named a distinguished alumnus in 1973 by the TCU Alumni Association. Mullins was the organizing secretary-general of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution before World War II. Also, she received the 1970 Douglas MacArthur Freedom Medal given by Howard Payne University. She died on April 10, 1988.
The collection was donated after her death.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of brochures, correspondence, magazine articles, manuscripts, newsletters, newspapers, notebooks, photographs and typescripts. The majority of the collection focuses on Texas although Tennessee is a secondary focus. It is arranged into seven series:
- Series I: Bible Records
- Series II: Cemeteries - Deals almost entirely with Texas Counties
- Series III: Counties - Deals almost entirely with Texas Counties
- Series IV : Families - Has information on numerous families including Cox, Hearne and Howard. It also has information on the family of Kay Kimbell, benefactor of the Kimbell Art Museum.
- Series V: Miscellaneous
- Series VI: Notebooks - Consists of Mullins’ original notebooks. Each notebook deals with a wide range of topics although they tend to be related to a specific research institution or subject.
- Series VII : Wills
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Sept. 17, 2014