The Northern Texas Traction Company operated the interurban between Fort Worth and Dallas. It began in 1900 when George T. Bishop bought the City Railway of Fort Worth. It began operation on July 1, 1902. In 1905, Stone & Webster of Boston founded the Northern Texas Electric Company and bought stock in the Northern Texas Traction Company. They also started the interurban lines to other parts of Texas. The last interurban ran between Dallas and Fort Worth on December 24, 1934.
The scrapbook was donated in September 1994 by an unknown donor. Traction News, a magazine published for the employees of the Northern Texas Traction Co., Tarrant County Traction Co. and Texas Motorcoaches, Inc. was donated by James McAllister, Rowlett, TX, in December, 2011.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of one scrapbook of statistics, graphs, photographs and volumes of Traction News (Jan. 1929 - Aug. 1930 - some volumes missing).
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Sept. 18, 2014