The Panther Boys’ Club, a branch of the Fort Worth Boys’ Clubs and Boys’ Clubs of America, opened its doors in Fort Worth November 17, 1926. Football, track, basketball, baseball and swimming programs were offered to members. The Club was well-known in the community for its boxing program. Available to members were a gymnasium, games room, library, craft shop and shower rooms. Two summer camp sessions were open each year at the Lake Worth camp facility. The Panther Boys’ Club merged with the Fort Worth Boys’ Club in 1990 becoming the Panther Branch of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Fort Worth.
The Panther Boys’ Club materials were donated August 12, 1998 by Martha Justice Ball through a connection with J’Nell Pate, author of Fort Worth Boys’ Club.
Scope and Description
The collection consists of four boxes of materials related to the executive directorship of Martha Justice. Inclusive dates for the collection are 1929 - 1958. The bulk of the documents include photographs; correspondence; budgets; newspaper clippings; greeting cards and personal records of Martha Justice and Malcolm Graham Ball. Martha Justice was executive director of the Panther Boys’ Club from 1941 - 1947 until her marriage in 1947 to Malcolm Graham Ball, Executive Director of the Wichita Falls Boys’ Club.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2014