The Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) is the oldest hereditary organization for male descendants of Confederate soldiers. Founded in Richmond, Virginia in 1896, the SCV serves as a historical, patriotic, and non-political organization striving to preserve the true history of the events that occurred in the years 1861-1865. The members of the Robert E. Lee Camp, #239, consider themselves an historical and genealogical organization that works to honor their Confederate ancestors.
- “Confederate Veterans Monument.” May 4 2003.
- Rand, Chuck. “Confederate Veterans Honored in Texas.” Sons of Confederate Veterans. June 21, 2011.
- Rand, Chuck. “Confederate Veterans Honored in Texas.” Sons of Confederate Veterans Blog. Last modified June 21, 2011. http://sonsofconfederateveterans.blogspot.com/2011/06/confederate-veterans-honored-in-texas.html.
The collection was donated to the Library by James Barry Turnage on May 3, 2011.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of a scrapbook, newspaper clippings, meeting rosters, memorabilia, and issues of Southern Dispatch. The materials date from 2001 - 2010 and measure .2 linear feet (1 box). Due to the small size of the collection, the materials are described at the folder level.
- Folder I : Contains items dating from 2001 - 2005, including a scrapbook and newspaper clippings.
- Folder II: Contains a list of elected officers for 2007 and two editions of Southern Dispatch.
- Folder III: Contains a list of elected officers for 2008, a meeting roster, memorabilia, and multiple editions of Southern Dispatch.
- Folder IV: Consists of meeting minutes from 2009 and miscellaneous articles related to the activities of the Robert E. Lee Camp #239.
- Folder V: Contains a 2010 roster, agendas and memorabilia.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2014