Rockwood Christian Church was established through a merger of the Boulevard Christian Church, created in 1902, and the North Fort Worth Christian Church, organized in 1908.
Before the vote for the merger, a reform committee was formed with six members from each church. On January 23, 1977, the congregations of Boulevard and North Fort Worth voted in agreement for the merger. On January 30, 1977, Reverend Timm Griffin led the first Sunday morning worship of the new Rockwood Christian Church at the 2008 Jacksboro Highway location, which previously belonged to the Boulevard Christian Church.
By 2010, under Pastor Steve Henton, the Rockwood Christian Church changed its name to the Heartsong Fellowship. On November 23, 2014, the Heartsong Fellowship Church celebrated the grand opening of their new location on 4901 Windy Ryon Way in Fort Worth.
The Rockwood Christian Church Records collection was donated to the Library by Max Hill via Diane Black Budaus, sister of Jane Suzanne Black who was the Secretary and Organist for the Rockwood Christian Church. The records were donated on June 21, 2014 after Jane Suzanne Black died on February 25, 2012.
Scope and Contents Note
The Rockwood Christian Church Records consist of historical church documents, handbooks, newspaper articles, sermons, Sunday brochures, committee records, membership lists, pastor notes, directories, photographs, floor plans, blueprints, maps, legal papers, and financial records. The records date from 1905 - 1996, with the bulk of the records dating from the 1960s - 1980s. The records measure 2.5 linear feet (3 boxes).
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Jan. 27, 2015