The Texas Society Daughters of Colonial Wars was organized at The Woman’s Club of Fort Worth in 1941. The Society works to honor the memory and spirit of the men and women who assisted in the establishment, defense and preservation of the American Colonies. Activities of the Society include publication of genealogy books, support for the teaching of history and American government, scholarship awards, and other special projects.
The collection was donated to the Library by Gail Lewellen in 2006. Additional materials were donated by Ms. Lewellen on June 27, 2013.
Scope and Contents Note
The collection consists of three scrapbooks documenting the history and events of the stated years, including photographs, event memorabilia, and news clippings. The materials date from 1987 - 2013 and measure 1.17 linear feet (3 boxes).
- The first scrapbook covers the years 1987 - 2004.
- The second scrapbook covers the years January 2005 - June 2010.
- The third scrapbook covers the years 2007 - June 2013.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2014