The Hattitude…Hats Off to Women Association began at the library in 2001 with the purpose of promoting women’s significant accomplishments. The association is administered by the Women’s History Month Committee and is comprised of women’s organizations in Fort Worth and Tarrant County, Texas. The partners blend special events and programming in March each year to recognize and celebrate the achievements of women. After many successful years of programming under the title of “Hattitude…Hats Off to Women”, the committee decided to choose a new theme for Women’s History Month each year. In 2013, the committee chose the theme, “Women Inspiring Innovation through Imagination: Celebrating Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.” In 2014, the theme was “Women of Character, Courage, and Commitment.”
The records generated by the association are transferred to the Fort Worth Library Women’s Archive when they are no longer considered active. Materials are added to the collection as they become available.
Scope and Description
The collection currently consists of 18 boxes or 7.2 linear feet of materials organized in five series: proceedings, photographs, portfolios / scrapbooks, proclamations and memorabilia. Materials included in the collection are correspondence, meeting minutes, programming notes, brochures, press and news releases, newspaper clippings, photographs, portfolios/scrapbooks, proclamations and exhibit materials. Comprehensive dates for the collection as of May 2014 are 2001-2014.
- Series I : Proceedings - The Hattitude…Hats Off to Women Association proceedings series includes correspondence; meeting minutes; programming notes; public relations documents; press and news releases; and newspaper clippings.
- Series II : Photographs - The photograph series contains photographs; a photograph album; and images burned to CDs.
- Series III : Portfolios and Scrapbooks - Contains documentation of the events and proceedings of the Hattitude…Hats Off to Women various fiscal years.
- Series IV : Proclamations - The Proclamations series consists of two wood-mounted proclamations from the City of Fort Worth announcing March as Women’s History Month.
- Series V : Memorabilia - The Memorabilia series has the book, 33 Things Every Girl Should Know about Women’s History, edited by Tonya Bolden. The front page contains a note from Ms. Bolden to Gleniece Robinson, Director of the Fort Worth Library.
- Series VI : Exhibits - The Exhibits series is comprised of signage and displays from Women’s History Month events in 2009 and 2010, and a sign-in book from 2010.
Collection is now part of our Digital Archives. Click here to view the collection online.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2014