In support of civic interaction, the Fort Worth Library will, for a fee, make designated spaces at the Central Library available for weddings, receptions and other community events to the public outside of its normal hours of operation.
Fort Worth Central Library 500 West 3rd Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Betsy Pepper Grand Hallway of Knowledge
The hallway is the main entrance and lobby of the Central Library. It comprises a total of 3600 square foot space, including a small rotunda and two short wings forming a T shape. It will accommodate 150 folding chairs, auditorium style, or 10 round tables.
The gallery is a 6,000 square feet open space which can be set up auditorium style with 400 folding chairs or banquet style with 25 round tables and 200 folding chairs.
The Tandy Lecture Hall
View from Stage
View from Back of Hall
The hall is an auditorium with 120 fixed stadium seats, a stage, projector and movie screen.
The Chappell Meeting Room
The meeting room is a 1000 square foot space.
This room is a small 100 square foot dressing area with a bathroom.
- The Art Gallery and adjacent rooms can be rented from 6 pm to midnight for $2000 on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The Library is open to the public until 8 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so after hour events are not permitted.
- A deposit of $300 must be provided at the time of booking in order to hold the space and date. The remaining portion of the fee must be submitted at least 30 days before the event.
The fee pays for:
- Set up and take down of furniture, tables and chairs by professional movers
- Janitorial services during and immediately after the event
- Use of library tables, chairs and other equipment listed below:
- 25 round tables, 60 inches in diameter
- 10 rectangular tables 3 by 6 foot
- 400 folding chairs
- Lighting system in Gallery allows lights to be dimmed
- PA system with XM satellite radio, music CD or IPod
- Projector in auditorium requires CD or thumb drive in Windows format
- 2 wireless microphones
- 1 moveable podium
- Rubber floor mats
- The Library does not provide:
- Water service
- Ice machine
At least one library staff member will be present at the event to ensure that the facility is open and the equipment is operational. The Library reserves the right to photograph events for its own records and for use in promotional materials.
- All heating devices must be electric. Fuel powered warming devices such as propane are not permitted inside the building.
- Any signs, banners or decorations must be professional quality and approved in advance by the Library. Freestanding displays and decorations are recommended in order to avoid damage to the building.
- Rice, confetti, glitter, seeds, floral petals, silly string or bubbles inside the facility are prohibited.
- Any outside equipment brought into the Library, such as a sound system or theatrical lighting, must be mounted so that wiring does not pose a trip hazard, does not restrict access to fire exits and does not overload electrical circuits.
- Library approval is required 48 hours in advance for outside equipment that must be left overnight. The Library is not liable for any damage or theft of this equipment.
The Library requires that renters hire off-duty Fort Worth police officers or City Marshals as security. A minimum of one officer must arrive at least 30 minutes before the event and remain on duty throughout the time of the event or until all guests and vendors (e.g. caters, musicians) have left the premises. Additional officers may be required dependent on the number of guests expected and the presence of alcoholic beverages.
Written proof of security arrangements must be submitted to the Library 30 days in advance.
Commercial/general liability insurance is mandatory. The renter shall furnish a liability policy or certificate evidencing coverage of $1 million and name the City of Fort Worth as additional insured. The policy/certificate must be submitted to the Library 30 days in advance. The renter accepts full responsibility and liability for the actions of all persons including participants, quests, servers, musicians, florists, photographers and other vendors hired by the renter.
Food and Beverage Service
All food and beverage must be delivered and served by a caterer with a current City of Fort Worth catering permit or a temporary food service permit from the City of Fort Worth Consumer Health Division (see www.fortworthtexas.gov/health or contact the division at 817-392-7255. The Library must receive a copy of the permit at least 30 days in advance.
If alcoholic beverages are served or sold, the renter must comply with the laws of the State of Texas and regulations of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The caterer or concessionaire must be appropriately licensed by the TABC and have Liquor Liability Insurance. A copy of the TABC license and insurance certificate must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.
Access to Building and Parking
Access to the rented spaces and rooms is permitted only to the renters, their invited guests and hired vendors.
Guests at events will enter the facility at the main entrance on West 3rd Street. They will be permitted only in rented spaces and will not have access to the Lower Level or other parts of the facility.
Metered parking is free after 6 pm. There are several commercial parking garages in the vicinity. Renters may arrange for valet parking at their own expense.
For deliveries, there is a garage entrance to the Library on West 2nd Street. There is no loading dock available. All delivery vehicles must be moved immediately after unloading/loading.
Building access to the renter is permitted one hour prior to the event for decorating and preparation. The Library assumes no responsibility for damage or theft.
How to reserve Your After Hours Rental
At least 60 days before the event:
- Contact the After Hours Rental Coordinator at 817-392-7705 or email LibraryAfterHoursRental@fortworthtexas.gov
- Sign rental agreement
- Submit $300 deposit to hold the space: make check payable to The Fort Worth Public Library
At least 30 days before the event:
- Submit remainder of the rental fee: make check payable to The Fort Worth Public Library
- Submit proof of liability insurance
- Submit catering arrangements
- Submit TABC license (if alcohol will be served or sold)
- Submit proof of security arrangements
All cancellations by the renter must be in writing. If the cancellation is 30 days or more prior to the event, all fees will be refunded.
The Library may cancel an event because of the renter’s noncompliance with deadlines for payment and documentation. In that case there will not be any refund. If the Library cancels the event because of an emergency including inclement weather, all fees and deposits will be refunded.
Please mail or hand deliver
Fort Worth Library
Attn: After Hours Room Coordinator
500 West 3rd Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Any refunds will be made within 30 days after the event.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2016