New Golden Triangle Branch Library Groundbreaking Ceremony
Join us for the groundbreaking for our new branch. The event is open to all, and the public is encouraged to attend.
- 10 a.m. Monday, June 19, 4264 Golden Triangle Blvd.
Barry Wallis, Emcee, Library Advisory Board, District 7
- Welcome - Library Director Dr. Gleniece Robinson
- Presentation of Colors - U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps
- Remarks - Honorable Mayor Betsy Price
- Remarks - Councilmember Dennis Shingleton, District 7
- Remarks - Councilmember Cary Moon, District 4
- Remarks - City Manager David Cooke
- Invitation to “Dig In” - Honorable Mayor Betsy Price
Details about the new Library Branch:
- $9,125,000 project is part of the 2014 bond program.
- 15,000-square-foot facility.
- Collection of more than 50,000 books, DVDs, and CDs.
- Dedicated area for children’s activities and story times.
- Public computers, laptops, and WiFi.
- Makerspace offering science and technology classes, 3D printers, laser cutter, and audio/video equipment.
- One-stop customer service desk, multiple self-service stations, and automated materials sorting.
- Meeting room that seats 100 people and can be subdivided.
- Public artwork designed by local artist Sara Lovas.
There will also be a Municipal Court Satellite Office included in the build. It will offer:
- Video walk-in court.
- Payment processing.
- Document and court filings.
Last updated: June 5, 2017