East Regional Library Public Art Project
Artist team Fyoog, composed of Dan Cheetham and Michelle Tarsney, was selected for the East Regional Library public art project based on their proposal, Wildflower. The artwork is an abstraction of a field of wildflowers inspired by the annual bloom of brightly colored wildflowers along Texas interstate highways. Comprised of a multitude of colorful vertical elements, the artwork creates visual impact from Interstate 30 and reflects the diverse nature of the surrounding community. Those who stop to explore will find an unexpected treasure – inscribed on several pieces are quotes selected collaboratively with the local community about the importance of reading and/or public libraries.
Share Your Thoughts!
The artists are looking for suggestions for quotes to include in the artwork that will inspire the local community and library visitors. Ideally, the quotes will have a strong relationship to importance of reading and/or public libraries. Quotes may be from literary sources, such as books, poems or speeches.
Please include the following in your submission(s):
- The quote, and the source of the quote, including page number (if applicable).
- A short explanation of why you selected this quote and how it relates to public libraries.
- If desired, include your name and contact information.
- Remember that quotes can be no longer than 75 characters including the spaces between words.
Quote submissions will be accepted through December 31, 2018.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
- Library Advisory Board
Follow the Library
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2018