Classes are held on the lower level. The library staff can direct you to the location where the sessions are held. Volunteers who have been studying Spanish for several years direct these sessions. Sometimes we have a native speaker in attendance, or via Skype, to assist.
There are two sessions, Intermediate and Advanced. You can attend either session or both. (Beginners: please see note under Intermediate class).
Normally, there are no meetings on a holiday weekend. For more information, call 817-392-7733. All classes are free and no reservation is necessary.
This group is intended for those who have some knowledge of Spanish and consider themselves to be at an intermediate level of proficiency. The activities in this session include exercises in Spanish grammar, such as verb conjugations and other grammatical topics, and building vocabulary. Sometimes audio passages or a video are included; activities vary from week to week.
Information for Beginners: You are welcome to attend even if you are new to learning Spanish. However, the material in this class may be more advanced than what is needed. There are times when “basic” sessions are offered, based on interest from aspiring beginners. Please talk to one of the group moderators for more information.
- 10 - 11 a.m., Saturdays
This group is for more advanced students. Some of the activities performed are similar to the ones at the intermediate group but at a higher level. Other activities include reading articles from Spanish newspapers or magazines and then translating them. Additional activities include reading jokes and playing games in Spanish to assist in building vocabulary. Activities vary from week to week.
- 11 a.m. - noon, Saturdays
Workplace Spanish for Beginners
This class is designed for adults who know very little or no Spanish. Although any adult is welcome to attend the class, it is specifically designed for adults who wish to learn Spanish for the purpose of using it in the workplace. The class covers basic grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, commonly used verbs, and everyday concepts. In order to maximize the benefits of attending this class, students will need to devote time outside of class to practicing and reviewing material learned in class. The class has two levels each with six lessons.
- Saturday, Aug. 18: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 1)
- Saturday, Aug. 25: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 2)
- Saturday, Sept. 1: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 3)
- Saturday, Sept. 8: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 4)
- Saturday, Sept. 15: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 5)
- Saturday, Sept. 22: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 6)
- Saturday, Sept. 29: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 7)
- Saturday, Oct. 6: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 8)
- Saturday, Oct. 13: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 9)
- Saturday, Oct. 20: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 10)
- Saturday, Oct. 27: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 11)
- Saturday, Nov. 3: 9 - 10 a.m. (Lesson 12)
Spanish for Beginners
This beginners Spanish class is targeted at those who know and/or speak little to no Spanish. Class is free and open to the public. For more information call 817-392-5580.
- 10 a.m. – noon, Saturdays
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Aug. 13, 2018