Join one of our lively book discussion groups and share your love of reading with others! Please contact individual locations for more details.
Central Library Book Group
Meets: Second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the bottom floor of the library.
All are welcome to gather and converse about the selected book of the month. You are also encouraged to suggest book titles for upcoming months. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-7701 for more information.
- July 14: The Nightingale, by Kirstin Hannah
- August 11: Howard’s End, by E. M. Forster
- September 8: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, by David Grann
- October 13: A Man in Full, by Tom Wolfe
- November 10: Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
- December 8: Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozic Adichie
East Regional Library Book Club
Meets: Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
Please join us for our monthly book club. We are open-minded, with no rules about what to read. Discuss your favorite reads whatever they may be. No-need to register, just show up! For more information call 817-392-5550.
- July 30
- August 27
- September 24
- October 29
- November 26
- December 24
Ridglea Branch Avid Readers Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 1:00 p.m.
Our group loves to talk about books! Our reading tastes vary widely, so everyone just brings in a stack of their recent reads and shares them with the group. We frequently discuss nonfiction, and select a variety of books to read around a theme, such as History, Mystery or Travel. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-6631 for more information. Our upcoming themes are:
- August: no meeting
- September 9: Free Read Date changed due to Labor Day
- October 7: Teen Book
- November 4: Western
- December 2: Book that Became a Movie
Book Club at Library Lane
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
We discuss an eclectic selection of adult books. No need to pre-register—all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information.
- August 5: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- September 9: The Great Alone, by Kristin Hannah Date changed due to Labor Day
- October 7: White Dancing Elephants, by Chaya Bhuvaneswar
- November 4: The Silent Companions, by Laura Purcell
- December 2: Exit West, by Mohsin Hamid
Summerglen Branch Non-Fiction Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever non-fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- August 5: Jackie, Janet & Lee: The Secret Lives of Janet Auchincloss and her Daughters, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lee Radziwill, by J. Randy Taraborrelli
- September 9: Educated: A Memoir, by Tara Westover Date changed due to Labor Day
- October 7: The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate: Discoveries from a Secret World, by Peter Wohlleben
- November 4: Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, by Irin Carmon
- December 2: Craig & Fred: A Marine, a Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other, by Craig Grossi
The Book Group @ Summerglen
Meets: Third Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- July 15: The Clockmaker’s Daughter, by Kate Morton
- August 19: Unsheltered, by Barbara Kingsolver
- September 16: The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman
- October 21: Close Your Eyes, by Michael Robotham
- November 18: Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows, by Balli Jaswal
- December 16: Evergreen Tidings from the Baumgartners, by Gretchen Anthony
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
- Library Advisory Board
Follow the Library
Last updated: July 8, 2019