Join one of our lively book discussion groups and share your love of reading with others! Please contact individual locations for more details.
Central Library Book Group
Meets: Second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the bottom floor of the library.
All are welcome to gather and converse about the selected book of the month. You are also encouraged to suggest book titles for upcoming months. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-7701 for more information.
- October 8: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
- November 12: Look Homeward, Angel: A Story of the Buried Life by Thomas Wolfe
- December 10: The Cave by Jose Saramago
East Regional Library Book Club
Meets: Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
Our Book Club has just recently started and we would love for you to participate. We are open-minded, with no rules about what to read. Discuss your favorite reads whatever they may be. No-need to register, just show up! For more information call 817-392-5550.
- Oct. 24
- Nov. 21
- Dec. 26:
Ridglea Branch Avid Readers Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 1:00 p.m.
Our group loves to talk about books! Our reading tastes vary widely, so everyone just brings in a stack of their recent reads and shares them with the group. We frequently discuss nonfiction, and select a variety of books to read around a theme, such as History, Mystery or Travel. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-6631 for more information. Our upcoming themes are:
- Oct. 2: Local Authors
- Nov. 6: Best Sellers - Past and Present
- Dec. 4: Holiday Tales
Southwest Regional Library Jim Lee Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
The Jim Lee Book Club discusses an eclectic selection of adult books. No need to pre-register—all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information.
- October 2: Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- November 6: The Summer before the War by Helen Simonson
- December 4: The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
Summerglen Branch Non-Fiction Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever non-fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- October 2: American Heiress: The Wild Saga of the Kidnapping, Crimes and Trial of Patty Hearst by Jeffrey Toobin
- November 6: The Bad-Ass librarians of Timbuktu: And Their Race to Save the World’s Most Precious Manuscripts by Joshua Hammer
- December 4: Been There, Done That: Family Wisdom for Modern Times by Al Roker and Deborah Roberts with Laura Morton
The Book Group @ Summerglen
Meets: Third Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017