Join one of our lively book discussion groups and share your love of reading with others! Please contact individual locations for more details.
Central Library Book Group
Meets: Second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the bottom floor of the library.
All are welcome to gather and converse about the selected book of the month. You are also encouraged to suggest book titles for upcoming months. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-7701 for more information.
- Aug. 12: Nostromo, by Joseph Conrad
- Sept. 9: The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
- Oct. 14: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values, by Robert Pirsig
- Nov. 11: The Sense of an Ending, by Julian Barnes
- Dec. 9: The Round House, by Louise Erdrich
East Regional Library Book Club
Meets: Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
Our Book Club has just recently started and we would love for you to participate. We are open-minded, with no rules about what to read. Discuss your favorite reads whatever they may be. No-need to register, just show up! For more information call 817-392-5550.
- Aug. 22
- September class canceled due to construction
- October class canceled due to construction
- Nov. 27
Ridglea Branch Avid Readers Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 1:00 p.m.
Our group loves to talk about books! Our reading tastes vary widely, so everyone just brings in a stack of their recent reads and shares them with the group. We frequently discuss nonfiction, and select a variety of books to read around a theme, such as History, Mystery or Travel. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-6631 for more information. Our upcoming themes are:
- Aug.: No meeting
- Sept. 10: Free Read Date Change due to the Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 1: Favorite Series
- Nov. 5: Biographies
- Dec. 3: Holiday Tales
Southwest Regional Library Jim Lee Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
The Jim Lee Book Club discusses an eclectic selection of adult books. No need to pre-register—all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information.
- Aug. 6: The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah
- Sept. 10: Still Me, by Jojo Moyes Date Change due to the Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 1: The Story of a New Name, by Elena Ferrante
- Nov. 5: Anything is Possible, by Elizabeth Strout
- Dec. 3: The Little Paris Bookshop, by Nina George
Summerglen Branch Non-Fiction Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever non-fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- Aug. 6: The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, by Gretchen Rubin
- Sept. 10: The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit, by Michael Finkel Date Change due to the Labor Day Holiday
- Oct. 1: Trident K9 Warriors: My Tales from the Training Ground to the Battlefield with Elite Navy SEAL Canines, by Mike Ritland with Gary Brozek
- Nov. 5: Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century, by Jessica Bruder
- Dec. 3: Same Kind of Different as Me, by Ron Hall
The Book Group @ Summerglen
Meets: Third Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Aug. 24, 2018