Join one of our lively book discussion groups and share your love of reading with others! Please contact individual locations for more details.
Books and Brews
Meets: First Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at Cowtown Brewery, 1301 E Belknap St.
Check out our newest book club at Cowtown Brewery. Enjoy great conversation, food and drink.
- January 8: Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
- February 5: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- March 4: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- April 1: Dracul by Dacre Stoker
- May 6: Circe by Madeline Miller
Central Library Book Group
Meets: Second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the bottom floor of the library.
All are welcome to gather and converse about the selected book of the month. You are also encouraged to suggest book titles for upcoming months. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-7701 for more information.
- January 12: The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- February 9: Native Son by Richard Wright
- March 8: Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
- April 12: A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- May 17: The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels by Jon Meacham Date change due to Mother’s Day
Holistic Parenting Book Club
Meets: Every other week on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
This group will be centered on parenting books and navigating through this holistic life thing which can be hard! So let’s all gather with our little ones and discuss what we learn and our personal journey along the way! No registration required, simply drop in! For more information, call 817-392-5420.
- January 8 & 22/February 5 & 19: Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health by Toni Weschler
- March 4 & 18/April 1 & 15: Positive Discipline Parenting Tools: The 49 Most Effective Methods to Stop Power Struggles, Build Communication, and raise Empowered, Capable Kids by Jane Nelsen, Ed. D., Mary Nelsen Tamborski, M.A., and Brad Ainge.
Ravenous Readers Book Club
Meets: The First Monday of the month at 6 p.m.
We read a variety of literary fiction from well-known and new authors alike. Join us for a good discussion, regardless if you’ve finished the book. No registration required, simply drop in! For more information, call 817-392-5420.
- January 6: A Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn
- February 3: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- March 2: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- April 6: Far From the Tree by Robin Benway
- May 4: The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
Rowdy Readers Book Club
Meets: The Third Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
We read age appropriate diverse, challenged or banned books with a focus on relevant social issues. Parents are welcome to join in discussion and participate. Join us for a good conversation, regardless if you’ve finished the book! No registration required, simply drop in! For more information, call 817-392-5420.
- January 16: A Wolf Called Wander by Rosanne Parry
- February 20: Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- March 19: Free Lunch by Rex Ogle
- April 16: I Can Make This Promise by Christine Day _ May 21: Drama by Raina Telgemeier
Ridglea Branch Avid Readers Club
Meets: First Monday of the month at 1 p.m.
Our group loves to talk about books! Our reading tastes vary widely, so everyone just brings in a stack of their recent reads and shares them with the group. We frequently discuss nonfiction, and select a variety of books to read around a theme, such as History, Mystery or Travel. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-6631 for more information. Our upcoming themes are:
- January 6: Architectural (Fiction or Non-Fiction)
- February 3: Graphic Novel (Adult or Teen)
- March 2: Free read
- April 6: Southern Fiction
- May 4: Book by a Male Author
Book Club at Library Lane
Meets: Last Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
We discuss an eclectic selection of adult books. No need to pre-register—all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information and the current month’s selection.
- January 27
- February 24
- March 30
- April 27
YA for Adults Book Club
Meets: The last Saturday of every even month at 2 p.m.
Calling all adults young at heart! Come discuss a wide selection of young adult books. No need to pre-register — all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information and the current month’s selection.
- February 29
- April 25
Summerglen Branch Non-Fiction Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever non-fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- January 6: Twelve Mighty Orphans: The Inspiring True Story of the Mighty Mites who Ruled Texas Football by Jim Dent
- February 3: The Woman who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America’s Enemies by Jason Fagone
- March 2: The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- April 6: The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham
- May 4: A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Baby Boomers Betrayed America by Bruce Gibney
The Book Group @ Summerglen
Meets: Third Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
Last updated: Jan. 3, 2020