Join one of our lively book discussion groups and share your love of reading with others! Please contact individual locations for more details.
Central Library Book Group
Meets: Second Sunday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Board Room on the bottom floor of the library.
All are welcome to gather and converse about the selected book of the month. You are also encouraged to suggest book titles for upcoming months. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-7701 for more information.
- Jan. 13: The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde
- Feb. 10: The Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead
- Mar. 10: The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton
- Apr. 14: Pachinko, by Min Jin Lee
- May 5: Breakfast of Champions: Or, Goodbye Blue Monday, by Kurt Vonnegut – Date changed due to Mother’s Day
East Regional Library Book Club
Meets: Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
Please join us for our monthly book club. We are open-minded, with no rules about what to read. Discuss your favorite reads whatever they may be. No-need to register, just show up! For more information call 817-392-5550.
- No December Meeting due to holiday
- Jan. 22
- Feb. 26
- Mar. 26
- Apr. 23
- May 28
Ridglea Branch Avid Readers Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 1:00 p.m.
Our group loves to talk about books! Our reading tastes vary widely, so everyone just brings in a stack of their recent reads and shares them with the group. We frequently discuss nonfiction, and select a variety of books to read around a theme, such as History, Mystery or Travel. No need to pre-register. Call 817-392-6631 for more information. Our upcoming themes are:
- Jan. 7: Free Read
- Feb. 4: Mysteries
- Mar. 4: Women Authors
- Apr. 1: Free Read
- May 6: From the New Book Shelf
Book Club at Library Lane
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
We discuss an eclectic selection of adult books. No need to pre-register—all are welcome to drop in. Call 817-392-5860 for more information.
- Jan.: No Meeting
- Feb. 4: Title Coming Soon
- Mar. 4: Title Coming Soon
- Apr. 1: Title Coming Soon
- May 6: Title Coming Soon
Summerglen Branch Non-Fiction Book Club
Meets: First Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever non-fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- Jan. 7: When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II, by Molly Manning
- Feb. 4: The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, by Daniel J. Brown
- Mar. 4: What if?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions, by Randall Munroe
- Apr. 1: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, by David Grann
- May 6: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Harari
The Book Group @ Summerglen
Meets: Third Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
No ground rules about what we read—whatever fiction sounds interesting. Group members select the titles. Library staff provides reading group questions. You’re welcome to join us even if you haven’t read this month’s selection. No need to pre-register. For more information, call 817-392-5970.
- Dec. 17: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, by Barbara Robinson
- Jan. 28: News of the World, by Pauletter Jiles – Date changed due to MLK Holiday
- Feb. 18: Manhattan Beach, by Jennifer Egan
- Mar. 18: Neverwhere, By Neil Gaiman
- Apr. 15: The Miniaturist, by Jessie Burton
- May 20: The President is Missing, by Bill Clinton and James Patterson
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2018