Health is something that touches every member of the community, but in an age with unlimited information it is hard to tell what to trust and what is just not true. Join the library for a health workshop to explore reliable health information online, discuss health concerns for the community and make plans to improve it!
Learning Objective: Participants will increase their awareness of resources such as MedlinePlus.gov, develop health literacy by developing the skill to evaluate health resources online and learn to have open conversations about health concerns focused on solutions.
- 4 p.m. Sat., Jun. 3, Central, Intel Lab
- 6 p.m. Thu., Jun. 8, Southwest
- 4 p.m. Tue. Jun. 13, East Regional
- 10:30 a.m. Wed., Jun. 14, COOL
- 2 p.m. Sat. Jun. 17, Summerglen
- 6 p.m. Wed. Jun. 21, Northside
- 10:30 a.m. Sat., Jun. 24, Ella Mae Shamblee
- 6 p.m. Mon., Jun. 26, Diamond Hill/Jarvis
- 6 p.m. Thu., Jun. 29, Northwest
Program is 60 minutes, for adults and presented by Lorraine Sheldon, Outreach Librarian, University of North Texas Health Science Library.
Become a Partner
Learn more about our partners and how your organization can be a part of Worth Reading.
- Activity Card 1 - Adult
- Activity Card 2 - Adult
- Activity Card 1 - Teen
- Activity Card 2 - Teen
- Activity Card 1 - Youth
- Activity Card 2 - Youth
- Program Brochure - Summer 2017
Programs by Branch
Check out the monthly & grand prize winners.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: May 15, 2017