Is a parabola made up of straight lines or curved ones? The answer might surprise you! Join us in drawing two-dimensional designs!
Learning Objective: Participants will learn about parabolas and the integral engineering role they play in construction using real life examples such as Golden Gate Bridge and ancient Roman aqueducts. Combining art, science and math, participants will create their own parabolas on paper.
- 4 p.m. Thu., Jun. 1, Diamond Hill/Jarvis
- 4:30 p.m. Mon., Jun. 5, East Berry
- 3 p.m. Wed., Jun. 14, COOL
- 6 p.m. Mon., Jun. 19, Summerglen
- 2 p.m. Tue., Jun. 27, Riverside
Program is 60 minutes and for teens.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: May 15, 2017