Dance is ever-evolving from the Charleston to the Dap. Audience members will experience dance from its humble beginnings to modern day moves and connect the dots on the evolution of dance. Join in the fun as we explore the root of the downbeat, how dance connects us, and practice a choreographed dance.
Learning Objective: Participants will develop an understanding of the artistic and technical elements of physical expression through dance along with the principles of choreography, specifically movement analysis, and dance.
- 6 p.m. Mon., Mar. 5, Ridglea
- 6 p.m. Wed., Mar. 7, East Berry
- 4 p.m. Wed., Apr. 4, Seminary
- 6 p.m. Tue., Apr. 10, Wedgwood
- 4:30 p.m. Mon., Apr. 30, Northwest
Program is for ages 6 - 17 and presented by La Hunter Smith. Participants should wear comfortable clothing. 60 minutes.
- Audiobooks, Music, eBooks & Video
- Online Databases
- Genealogy, Archives & Local History
- Into the Past
- Digital Archives Collection
- Interlibrary Loan
- Get a Library Card
- Rent a meeting room
- Download the Library app
- Toll Tags
- Pay a fine
- Friends of the Library
- Fort Worth Public Library Foundation
Follow the Library
Last updated: Feb. 1, 2018