Minority/Women Business Enterprise
The Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Division seeks to ensure that qualifying businesses receive the maximum possible opportunity in the city's procurement activities — directly or indirectly — through a City Council approved ordinance.
Become a Certified M/WBE
Businesses seeking to qualify as an M/WBE must meet the following criteria:
- 51 percent of owners or shareholders must be women or individuals from minority groups defined by the Small Business Administration, pursuant to section 8(a) of the Small Business Act.
- Day-to-day operations must be controlled by one or more of these individuals
- Businesses must be located in the marketplace or doing business in the marketplace at the time of bid opening or during negotiations related to proposals
- Businesses must be certified by the North Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (NCTRCA).
Only certified firms can be used to meet M/WBE goals specified in city projects, and all involved M/WBE contractors and sub-contractors must be certified prior to award of the project.
City of Fort Worth
- MWBE Special Instructions (pdf)
- MWBE Subcontractor-Supplier Utilization Form (pdf)
- MWBE Good Faith Effort (pdf)
- MWBE Prime Contractor Waiver (pdf)
- MWBE Joint Venture (pdf)