Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP)
The city's Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP) provides mortgage assistance for income-eligible first-time home buyers with the City of Fort Worth.
Qualifying home buyers can receive a subsidy of up to $14,999 for homes located in Fort Worth. The buyer can use the full $14,999 subsidy for mortgage assistance or use $3,000 of this amount for closing costs and/or down payment.
The following are program requirements:
- The property must be located within the Fort Worth city limits.
- You cannot have owned a home in the last three years. Displaced homemakers are also eligible.
- The home buyer agrees to live in the home as his or her principal residence.
- The combined family income must not exceed 80 percent of Fort Worth-area median income as established by the Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD).
- There is no credit score requirement.
- A city-approved lender must be selected.
- The home buyers' minimum contribution from their own money is the lesser of $1,000 or two percent of the purchase price of the home.
- The property must pass the Housing Quality Standard Inspection (HQS), Environmental Review and Lead Hazard Evaluation conducted by the City of Fort Worth at no cost to the home buyers.
- All applicants must complete a homeownership training and counseling program. This requirement will be evidenced by a completion certification from a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Certified Housing Counseling Agency only. Online classes are not accepted.
- No minimum credit score requirement for the program, however you must be approved by a designated lender for a mortgage based on their credit underwriting criteria.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
To learn more call 817-392-7540.
908 Monroe Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Housing Services & Information, Directions Home, Management & Budget, Home Improvement & Construction