With large crowds expected downtown on Friday for the Donald Trump campaign rally, the Fort Worth Public Events Department shared information that will make attending the event easier for participants.
- Doors to the Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston St., open at 9 a.m. The entrance to the event will be at the south end of the building near the Fort Worth Water Gardens.
- The event begins at noon in the Exhibit Hall, standing room only.
- Attendees must have a ticket to enter. To register for tickets or to obtain media credentials, visit the Trump website.
- Metal detectors will be in use, and all attendees will be scanned.
- Handheld signage is permitted. Signage attached to poles, stakes, sticks, etc., will not be permitted. Confetti, streamers, Silly String or any other objects may not be used before, during or after the rally. Helium-filled balloons are prohibited inside the building.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed.
- The Fort Worth Convention Center does not provide wheelchairs.
- Parking is available at the 1100 Houston St. Parking Garage (entrance is on 11th Street) and the 1301 Commerce St. Parking Garage (entrance is on Commerce Street). Parking costs $15 at entry. Cash and credit are accepted.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Mayor's Message: Mayor eyes property tax rate decrease
- City Council approves Chesapeake Energy settlement
- Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan on track for City Council presentation this summer
- Officer Byron Wylie earns national honor for bravery
- Memorial Day closing schedule
- More News »
Workforce Solutions - Workforce Delivery Systems Committee: 11:45 a.m. May 26, 2016; Board Large Conference Room, 1320 S. University Drive.
View the agenda »
North Tri Movie Marathon: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens: 6 p.m. May 26, 2016; North Tri-Ethnic Neighborhood Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Memorial Holiday - City Hall Closed: 8 a.m. May 30, 2016; City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton St.
Canceled Pre-Council Meeting: 3 p.m. May 31, 2016; Pre-Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton St.