The City of Fort Worth is updating the original Public Art Master Plan, adopted by City Council in 2003, which set forth a vision for public art in Fort Worth, as well as recommendations of future projects and guidelines for artist selection and design review.
The 2014 Fort Worth Cultural Plan Update recommended a public art master plan update, “to confirm that program initiatives reflect community priorities.”
The Fort Worth Art Commission’s appointed Consultant Review Committee has selected three consultant teams as finalists for the Fort Worth Public Art Master Plan Update project:
- Gail M. Goldman & Associates LLC with Elwood & Associates Inc
- Barbara Goldstein & Associates with Cusick Consulting
- Via Partnership (Meridith McKinley) with Todd W. Bressi
The three finalists will make presentations at 6 p.m. March 31 in Tandy Lecture Hall at the Fort Worth Central Library, 500 W. Third St. A reception will precede the presentations at 5:30 p.m.
Residents are invited to meet the finalists teams’ lead consultants and hear presentations of their team’s qualifications, public art planning philosophy and approach for gathering community input. Audience members will be invited to ask questions and provide written feedback for the Consultant Selection Panel and Fort Worth Art Commission to consider during the remainder of the consultant selection process.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Mayor's Message: Mayor eyes property tax rate decrease
- Chisholm Trail Park to be dedicated June 4
- City Council approves Chesapeake Energy settlement
- Comprehensive Solid Waste Management Plan on track for City Council presentation this summer
- Officer Byron Wylie earns national honor for bravery
- More News »
Workforce Solutions - Workforce Delivery Systems Committee: 11:45 a.m. May 26, 2016; Board Large Conference Room, 1320 S. University Drive.
View the agenda »
North Tri Movie Marathon: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens: 6 p.m. May 26, 2016; North Tri-Ethnic Neighborhood Center, 2950 Roosevelt Ave.
Memorial Holiday - City Hall Closed: 8 a.m. May 30, 2016; City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton St.
Canceled Pre-Council Meeting: 3 p.m. May 31, 2016; Pre-Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton St.
Canceled Council Meeting: 7 p.m. May 31, 2016; Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 1000 Throckmorton St.