Blue Zones Project has hit the 50,000 mark, and the City of Fort Worth is well on its way to becoming a certified Blue Zones Community.
More than 52,000 Fort Worth residents have joined the Blue Zones Project movement by taking the Blue Zones Personal Pledge, attending a cooking demonstration or Purpose Workshop, volunteering or participating in walking or potluck Moais.
The number of businesses, restaurants, grocery stores, schools, organizations and faith-based communities that have joined the movement also continues to grow. Many of those who recently completed their respective Blue Zones pledge and became “Blue Zones Project Approved” or a Participating Organization were recognized at the June 20 City Council meeting, including all 13 area Tom Thumb and Albertsons grocery stores.
Blue Zones Project is a community-led well-being improvement initiative that makes healthy choices easier by encouraging sustainable changes to the built environment and social networks.
Recently recognized Blue Zones Project Approved Worksites
- DFW Airport
- Dunaway Associates
- Fort Worth Business Assistance Center
Recently recognized Blue Zones Project Approved Schools
- Arlington Heights High School
- Chisholm Ridge Elementary School
- Dunbar High School
- Lake Point Elementary School
- Lone Star Elementary School
- Manuel Jara Elementary School
- Rufino Mendoza Sr. Elementary School
- Waverly Park Elementary School
- Westcliff Elementary School
Recently recognized Blue Zones Project Participating Faith-Based Communities
- Arlington Heights United Methodist Church
- First Congregational United Church of Christ
- Genesis United Methodist Church
- Trinity Lutheran Church
Recently recognized Blue Zones Project Approved Restaurants
- Central Market Cafe
- Great Harvest Bread Co. Fort Worth
- Jason’s Deli-Alliance
- Jason’s Deli-Midtown
- Thai Select
- The Bangkok
- THR Harris Cramer Café
Recently recognized Blue Zones Project Approved Grocery Stores
- Albertsons-Clifford Street
- Albertsons-East Loop 820
- Albertsons-North Beach Street
- Albertsons-Sycamore School Road
- Albertsons-Western Center Boulevard
- Tom Thumb-Seventh Street
- Tom Thumb–University Drive
Recently recognized Participating Organizations
- Health Options and Alternatives Inc.
- Kids Stop Dental
- Reasons Group Inc.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News