The U.S. Navy parachute team, known as the “Leap Frogs” are jumping into Fort Worth Navy Week events all across the Metroplex. Fort Worth Navy Week will coincide with the Bell Helicopter Fort Worth Alliance Air Show and will showcase a variety of events, equipment and personnel for a week-long series of engagements with the public, key influencers and organizations representing all sectors of the community.
During Fort Worth Navy Week, which will be Oct. 23-29, about 100 outreach events will take place across the region. Starting with the U.S. Navy Leap Frogs jumping into the TCU football game and culminating with a performance with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels at the Alliance Air Show.
A few Fort Worth appearances:
- TCU Homecoming Football Game, Saturday, Oct. 21; 7 p.m., Amon G. Carter Stadium. During the playing of the national anthem.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Fort Worth - Eastside Branch, Monday, Oct. 23; 4-5:30 p.m., 4651 Ramey Ave.
- Rosemont Park, Tuesday, Oct. 24; 10 a.m., 1400 West Seminary Drive. Students from Rosemont Middle School will be present to witness the event. The event is also open the public.
- Brewer High School Stadium, Tuesday, Oct. 24; 5 p.m., 1025 W. Loop 820 North,
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels at Bell Helicopter Fort Worth Alliance Air Show, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 28-29, all day, Fort Worth Alliance Airport.
The public is invited to participate in Navy Week activities. View a full schedule of appearances.
Since 2005, the Navy Week program has served as the Navy’s signature outreach effort into areas of the country which do not have a significant Navy presence, with 181 Navy Weeks being held in 68 different U.S. cities. Navy Weeks are presented by the Navy Office of Community Outreach (NAVCO).
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Fort Worth listed among 20 organizations that value diversity
- College exploration is as close as your public library
- Utility service assistance available to Fort Worth residents
- Texas Rangers spreading holiday cheer through Cowboy Santas
- Kenneth Morgan named Fort Worth water director
- More News »
Thanksgiving Dinner: 6 p.m. Nov. 22, 2017; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
International Association of Firefighters, Local Union 440 Collective Bargaining Negotiations: 1 p.m. Nov. 27, 2017; IAFF Local 440 Office, 3855 Tulsa Way.
View the agenda »
Youth Advisory Council: 9 a.m. Nov. 28, 2017; Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County, Suite 600, Staff Breakroom, 1320 S. University Drive.
View the agenda »