On March 31, the City of Fort Worth will roll out its B2GNow Business Diversity Management System, a web-based software system accessible to city departments; Minority, Women, Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises; and prime contractors.
Features of the new system include:
- Online submission of monthly M/W/S/DBE utilization reports.
- Automated tracking of M/W/S/DBE goal participation.
- Online M/W/S/DBE verification of payment notices.
- Communication with contractors/consultants via system email.
- Online submission of M/W/S/DBE Request for Change.
- Track M/W/S/DBEs availability for prime and subcontracting bid opportunities.
“This system will allow the Office of Business Diversity to track the performance of its Business Diversity Enterprise Ordinance as it relates to the use of M/W/S/DBEs in the city’s procurement processes,” said Gwen Wilson, business development manager in the Office of Business Diversity.
“We are excited about the new system implementation because it will allow us to be more efficient in contract compliance auditing,” Wilson said. “The system will enable the prime contractors/consultants to report their utilization of certified subcontractors on city projects, and the M/W/S/DBE subcontractors will have the capability to verify receipt of payments online as well.
“We recognize in order for the city to be more inclusive, to increase its utilization of M/W/S/DBEs and to help grow the capacity of these businesses, we needed a state-of-the-art system that would give us the functionality necessary to identify these businesses and continue engaging the city’s vendor community.”
All vendors who are currently doing business with the City of Fort Worth as a prime contractor or subcontractor are required to take the B2GNow System training and will be notified when those classes begin.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Sewer improvements construction to start in Fairhaven, Central Meadowbrook neighborhoods
- Cowtown Brush Up improves property values, creates neighborhood pride
- DFW Clean Cities recognizes Fort Worth as a leader in fuel efficiency
- Three great companions to have during storm season
- Pitch in to keep Eagle Mountain Lake clean
- More News »
- Notice of Request for Proposals for public service agencies & nonprofits interested in applying for funds under the following grant programs: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
- Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, Home Investment Partnership (Home) Program
Active Transportation Plan Public Meeting: 6 p.m. March 22, 2018; Northwest Branch Library, 6228 Crystal Lake Drive.
Six Points Urban Village Streetscape Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 22, 2018; Riverside Baptist Church, 3101 Race St.
North Beach Street Streetlights Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 22, 2018; Lakeland Street Baptist Church, 3551 Cindy Drive.
Tarrant County Probation Job Fair at Sycamore Community Center: 10 a.m. March 23, 2018; Sycamore Community Center, 2525 E. Rosedale.
Easter Eggstravaganza for Teens at R.D. Evans Community Center: 8 p.m. March 23, 2018; R.D. Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Rd..
John T White Sidewalks Project Meeting: 10 a.m. March 24, 2018; Bridgewood Church of Christ, 6516 Brentwood Stair Road.
Spring Carnival at Chisholm Trail Community Center: 10 a.m. March 24, 2018; Chisholm Trail Community Center, 4936 McPherson Blvd.
Easter Eggstravaganza at R.D. Evans Community Center: 10 a.m. March 24, 2018; R.D. Evans Community Center, 3242 Lackland Rd..
Easter Eggstravaganza at Hillside Community Center: noon March 24, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Building Standards Commission Pre-Meeting: 9 a.m. March 26, 2018; City Hall, Second Floor, City Council Conference Room 290, 200 Texas Street.
View the agenda »
Building Standards Commission Meeting: 9:30 a.m. March 26, 2018; City Hall, Second Floor, City Council Chamber, 200 Texas Street.
View the agenda »
Trinity Metro Board of Directors Meeting: 3:30 p.m. March 26, 2018; Intermodal Transportation Center, Second Floor, Community Room, 1001 Jones Street.
View the agenda »
Near Southside Infrastructure Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 26, 2018; Broadway Baptist Church, 305 W. Broadway Ave.
Active Transportation Plan Public Meeting: 6 p.m. March 26, 2018; Western Hills United Methodist Church, 2820 Laredo Drive.
Overton Woods Drainage Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 26, 2018; Arborlawn United Methodist Church Sanctuary, 5001 Briarhaven Road.
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. March 27, 2018; City Hall, Second Floor, Council Conference Room 290, 200 Texas Street.
Active Transportation Plan Public Meeting: 6 p.m. March 27, 2018; Tarrant County College Opportunity Center, 5901 Fitzhugh Ave.
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. March 27, 2018; City Hall, Second Floor, Council Chambers, 200 Texas Street.
Metropolitan Area EMS Authority D/B/A Medstar Mobile Healthcare Board of Directors Meeting: 10 a.m. March 28, 2018; Medstar Mobile Healthcare, 2900 Alta Mere Dr.
View the agenda »