Registration for the eighth annual Small Business Plan Competition closed June 15, and the top 25 applicants have been selected to move on to the next round.
The Top 25 for the 2018 Business Plan Competition:
- Aspen Tyke Traveler (by RDY4IT Inc.).
- Belzoni’s Catfish Restaurant(s).
- Block System Inc.
- Clearview Speech and Consulting Services PLLC.
- Culture Consultants.
- DroneAlytic LLC.
- Envy Designz LLC.
- FlyFix Inc.
- Funky Picnic Brewery & Café.
- Infant Swim DFW LLC.
- Journal Junkie.
- Kristen Soble LLC.
- Mercy Care Pharmacy.
- Panther Ballistic.
- RMS Movers.
- RxAnytime LLC.
- Sarge’s Manufacturing.
- Signature Cuffs LLC.
- The Bar-Gym For Women.
- TOTAL K.O. BOXING CLUB (TKO).
- Tremmedics Medical Devices LLC.
- Worth Media LLC.
The owners of these small businesses will begin five weeks of group training provided by the Business Assistance Center and their local partners. This group training includes one-on-one counseling, professional development workshops and coaching from industry experts.
Final business plans will be due Sept. 10, and 10 businesses will be selected to compete in front of judges during a Pitch Night on Oct. 11.
The top three finalists will compete Oct. 25 for the prize packages, which include $10,000 cash for first place, $5,000 for second place and $3,000 for third place. Additionally, numerous businesses have donated in-kind services for the three finalists.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Local floodplain policy to help protect what matters
- Tips for a safe Thanksgiving holiday
- Economic Development team members honored by DFW Minority Supplier Development Council
- Learn about improvements in the Ash Crescent neighborhood
- Giving thanks with the earth in mind
- More News »
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Notice of Possible Quorum Board of Dorectors of TIF 8: 1 p.m. Nov. 26, 2018; Site Tour Around T&P Terminal Building, 221 W. Lancaster Ave.
View the agenda »