The Fort Worth Convention Center will host two sold-out concerts by South Korean boy band BTS on Sept. 15 and 16. Here’s what you need to know before heading downtown for the show:
Show time is 8 p.m. Saturday (doors open at 5:30 p.m.) and 6 p.m. Sunday (doors open at 3:30 p.m.). The Fort Worth Convention Center is at 1201 Houston St. Paid parking is available in garages and surface lots near the venue.
The Fort Worth Police Department will control access to the Convention Center. Attendees can begin lining up at 8 a.m. both days. No overnight camping is allowed. Limited portable outdoor restroom facilities will be available.
Not allowed in the Convention Center
- Outside food and drink.
- Signs, banners or balloons.
- Bags or backpacks larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches.
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon.
- Artificial noisemakers (whistles, air horns, thunder sticks, musical instruments, cowbells, cans filled with contents or any other item used to make artificial noise).
- Polaroid cameras.
- Permanent markers or spray paint.
- Two-way radios.
- Laser pointers, flashlights, handcuffs, fireworks, flares.
- Alcohol, drugs or illegal substances.
- Professional photography equipment (detachable/interchangeable lenses), audio/video recording devices, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, tablets, iPads, laptops or computers.
- Pamphlets or product samples.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets or chairs.
- Animals (except guide dogs).
- Diaper bags.
- Stuffed animals or character pillows.
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by Convention Center management.
Allowed in the Convention Center
- Official BTS Light Sticks (also known as light bombs and army bombs); they do not have to be purchased at the venue.
- One clear bag per person. Approved bags include clear totes, backpacks and fanny packs made of plastic, vinyl or PVC. Bags must not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches. A clear plastic one-gallon re-sealable storage bag is allowed. A small clutch purse or wristlet approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, can be carried separately or within an approved plastic bag. The purse does not have to be clear.
- Cell phones.
- Binoculars (cases are not allowed). Binoculars must fit into an approved clear bag.
- Cell phone battery packs (must fit in an approved clear bag).
- Personal fans.
Other helpful information
- The handicap entrance is at the main entrance on Ninth Street.
- Every attendee must pass through a metal detector upon entering the venue.
- Medically necessary bags will be permitted after proper inspection.
- All bags will be checked upon entry.
- Disorderly conduct (abusive language; fighting; public intoxication; standing or sitting in aisles, ramps or walkways) will not be permitted.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Cooking for the holidays? Defend your drains
- A new way to pay for meter parking in Fort Worth's West Seventh district
- Donated land to be incorporated into existing park
- Sales tax collections up 3.4 percent in September
- TCC ridership on Trinity Metro is on the rise
- More News »
Trinity Metro Board of Directors Meeting: 3:30 p.m. Nov. 19, 2018; Intermodal Transportation Center, Second Floor, Community Room, 1001 Jones Street.
View the agenda »
FW Sports Authority Inc. Board Meeting: 2 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; Fort Worth Convention Center, Executive Board Room, 1201 Housont Street.
View the agenda »
Canceled Fort Worth Local Development Corporation: 2 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Canceled Central City Local Government Corporation: 2 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Canceled AllianceAirport Authority: 2 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Canceled Lone Star Local Government Corporation: 2 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Hillside: 7 p.m. Nov. 20, 2018; Hillside Community Center, 1201 E. Maddox Ave.
Senior Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 11:30 a.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.
Thanksgiving Dinner at Como: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21, 2018; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St.