Twenty-five entrepreneurs and small businesses entered the Fort Worth Business Plan Competition in June, but only three will move on to the final round.
The top 10 Business Plan Competition participants will “pitch” their business plan to a team of judges during Pitch Night at 6 p.m. Oct. 11 at the Moncrief Cancer Institute at UT Southwestern, 400 W. Magnolia Ave. The public is welcome to attend the event, and can RSVP online.
Following Pitch Night, three of the 10 competitors will move on to the Fort Worth Business Plan Finals on Oct. 25.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs participating in Pitch Night:
- Aspen Tyke Traveler, a developer of innovative, supportive bag and packing systems that help prepare new parents for on-the-go adventures with young children.
- Cache, a mobile app that allows consumers direct access to purchase wholesale tax foreclosure properties from anywhere in the world, with no experience in real estate required.
- DroneAlytics LLC, a company that uses machine intelligence and unmanned aerial vehicles – also known as drones – to help businesses make smarter decisions around safety and efficiency while decreasing costs.
- Funky Picnic Brewery Café, a community brewery that offers house-made beer and artisan sandwiches in a comfortable setting with a laid-back, community-driven atmosphere.
- Kristen Soble LLC, a creative business that specializes in bringing clients’ visions to life through art and design.
- Locavore, an all-inclusive resource for foodie entrepreneurs looking to affordably scale up their business, including a commercial kitchen and event venue for rent.
- Panther Ballistic, a company focused on the development and manufacture of personal protection systems for defense in active shooter situations, including the Panther wall, a patent-pending ballistic protection device.
- RxAnytime LLC, a company that provides automated self-service to customers that help them take advantage of the 24-hour availability of pharmacist-filled prescriptions in pharmacies of all sizes.
- Signature Cuffs LLC, a company whose removable, tailored French cuffs provide customers with a simple and easy way to stay chic in any fashion setting.
- Tremmedics Medical Devices LLC, a company that designs and develops implantable medical devices that safely degrade in the body, including a patented, bioresorbable stent.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- National Wildlife Federation names Fort Worth monarch champion city
- Dads 'drafted' to help kids' summer reading skills
- Fort Worth Opera aiming to make the experience more inclusive
- Sound the Alarm to reduce fire deaths and injuries
- Senior Synergy Expo provides essential information for baby boomers, seniors and their caregivers
- More News »
Eagle Mountain Sewer Diversion Line Project Meeting: 6:30 p.m. April 25, 2019; Lake County Church, 8777 boat Club Road.
North Beach Corridor Public Art Project Materials Collection Event: 9 a.m. April 27, 2019; Brennan Drop-off Station, 2400 Brennan Ave., Hillshire Drop-off Station, 301 Hillshire Drive.
Fort Worth Crud Cruiser Event: 9 a.m. April 27, 2019; Como Community Center, 4900 Horne St, Fort Worth 76107.
Collective Bargaining Public Notice for Fort Worth Professional Fire Fighters Association: 9 a.m. April 29, 2019; IAFF Local 440 Office, 3855 Tulsa Way, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
View the agenda »
Collective Bargaining Public Notice for Fort Worth Professional Fire Fighters Association: 9 a.m. April 30, 2019; IAFF Local 440 Office, 3855 Tulsa Way, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
View the agenda »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. April 30, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Dia de los Ninos at Victory Forest Community Center: 6 p.m. April 30, 2019; Victory Forest Community Center, 3427 Hemphill.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. April 30, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
North Park Project Meeting: 7:30 p.m. April 30, 2019; Northpark YMCA, 9100 N. Beach St.
Collective Bargaining Public Notice for Fort Worth Professional Fire Fighters Association: 9 a.m. May 1, 2019; IAFF Local 440 Office, 3855 Tulsa Way, Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
View the agenda »