Twenty-five entrepreneurs and small businesses entered the Fort Worth Business Plan Competition in June, but only three will move on to the final round.
The top 10 Business Plan Competition participants will “pitch” their business plan to a team of judges during Pitch Night at 6 p.m. Oct. 11 at the Moncrief Cancer Institute at UT Southwestern, 400 W. Magnolia Ave. The public is welcome to attend the event, and can RSVP online.
Following Pitch Night, three of the 10 competitors will move on to the Fort Worth Business Plan Finals on Oct. 25.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs participating in Pitch Night:
- Aspen Tyke Traveler, a developer of innovative, supportive bag and packing systems that help prepare new parents for on-the-go adventures with young children.
- Cache, a mobile app that allows consumers direct access to purchase wholesale tax foreclosure properties from anywhere in the world, with no experience in real estate required.
- DroneAlytics LLC, a company that uses machine intelligence and unmanned aerial vehicles – also known as drones – to help businesses make smarter decisions around safety and efficiency while decreasing costs.
- Funky Picnic Brewery Café, a community brewery that offers house-made beer and artisan sandwiches in a comfortable setting with a laid-back, community-driven atmosphere.
- Kristen Soble LLC, a creative business that specializes in bringing clients’ visions to life through art and design.
- Locavore, an all-inclusive resource for foodie entrepreneurs looking to affordably scale up their business, including a commercial kitchen and event venue for rent.
- Panther Ballistic, a company focused on the development and manufacture of personal protection systems for defense in active shooter situations, including the Panther wall, a patent-pending ballistic protection device.
- RxAnytime LLC, a company that provides automated self-service to customers that help them take advantage of the 24-hour availability of pharmacist-filled prescriptions in pharmacies of all sizes.
- Signature Cuffs LLC, a company whose removable, tailored French cuffs provide customers with a simple and easy way to stay chic in any fashion setting.
- Tremmedics Medical Devices LLC, a company that designs and develops implantable medical devices that safely degrade in the body, including a patented, bioresorbable stent.
Get articles like this in your inbox weekly. Subscribe to City News
- Spring Plant Sale sprouts March 29-30 at Botanic Garden
- Dickies Arena to house second largest continuous video display in the nation
- Siren system provides warnings when you're outdoors
- City to purchase YMCA building, repurpose it as a community center
- Two chances to connect with city leadership this weekend during walking, rolling town halls
- More News »
Canceled Walking Town Hall: 9 a.m. March 23, 2019; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 NE 36th St, Fort Worth, TX 76106.
Spring Carnival at Chisholm Trail Community Center: 10 a.m. March 23, 2019; Chisholm Trail Community Center, 4936 McPherson Blvd.
Worth Heights Field Trip - The Star in Frisco: 2 p.m. March 23, 2019; Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave.
Rolling Town Hall: 3 p.m. March 24, 2019; Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Institute, 2901 Acme Brick Plaza.
Building Standards Commissions Pre-Meeting: 9 a.m. March 25, 2019; City Hall, second floor, City Council Confrenece Room 290, 200 Texas Street.
View the agenda »
Building Standards Commission Meeting: 9:30 a.m. March 25, 2019; City Hall, second floor, City Council Conference Room 290, 200 Texas Street.
View the agenda »
Trinity Metro Board of Directors Meeting: 3:30 p.m. March 25, 2019; Intermodal Transportation Center, Second Floor Conference Room, 1001 Jones Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
View the agenda »
Loving Avenue Channel Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 25, 2019; Diamond Hill Community Center, 1701 N.E. 36th St.
Stop Six / Rosedale Area Sewer Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 25, 2019; Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, 1901 Amanda Ave.
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. March 26, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. March 26, 2019; City Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.
Bonnie Brae Improvements Project Meeting: 6 p.m. March 27, 2019; Bonnie Brae Elementary, 3504 Kimbo Road.