To help educate Fort Worth residents on water safety, the Fort Worth Drowning Prevention Coalition, of which the Fort Worth Fire Department is a member, is sponsoring these upcoming Safe Swim programs:
- June 4-6 and June 11-13, Forest Park Pool, 2850 Park Place.
- June 18-20, Open Water Safety session at Burger’s Lake, 1200 Meandering Road.
- June 24-26 and July 1-3, Marine Park Aquatic Center, 303 N.W. 20th St.
- July 16-18 and July 23-25, McDonald Southeast YMCA, 2701 Moresby St.
Class cost is $10 per student and includes parent/chaperone on-deck safety training. Get registered.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Celebrate Independence Day safely and legally, but leave fireworks to the pros
- City Council releases meeting schedule for summer
- Free Friday on Fort Worth Bike Sharing start June 28
- Free day of fun for families on June 29
- Students experience behind-the-scenes look at city departments
- More News »
City of Fort Worth Workshops - RFP, RFQ, ITB and Best Value Solicitations: 8:30 a.m. June 27, 2019; James E. Guinn Entrepreneurial Campus - Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, 1150 South Freeway.
Register for this event »
Upper & Middle Village Creek Parallel Relief Main Part 2 Project Meeting: 6:30 p.m. June 27, 2019; Townley Elementary, 2200 McPherson Road.
Meadow Lakes / Jenkins Heights Abandonment Project Meeting: 6:30 p.m. July 1, 2019; Lake Worth Multipupose Cener, 7005 Charbonneau Road.
Fourth of July Parade at Andrew Doc Session Community Center: 10 a.m. July 2, 2019; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 2, 2019; City Council Conference Room 290, Second Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas Street.