The Fire Department Office of Emergency Management presented the 2020 KnoWhat2Do Emergency Preparedness Calendar winning artists to City Council recently.
Mayor Betsy Price, Assistant Fire Chief Homer Robertson and Office of Emergency Management Coordinator Maribel Martinez congratulated each student before a large crowd of parents, teachers and cable television cameras.
The 13 elementary school students created artwork depicting local hazards and emergency preparedness measures. The Office of Emergency Management received more than 340 entries from 10 Fort Worth Independent School District elementary schools for the 10th anniversary issue of the popular wall calendar.
Winning artists and schools:
- Andres Gutierrez Jr., Diamond Hill Elementary.
- Raul Ortega, Bonnie Brae Elementary.
- Katherine Williams, Alice Carlson Applied Learning Center.
- Emely Herrada, Dolores Huerta Elementary.
- Luz Cardoza, Dolores Huerta Elementary.
- Maralyn Espinoza, East Handley Elementary.
- Charleston Amerson, Leadership Academy at Mitchell Boulevard.
- Jesus Guzman, Leadership Academy at Mitchell Boulevard.
- William Pinnell IV, North Hi Mount Elementary.
- Ava Castro, South Hi Mount Elementary.
- Ruby Aranda, Springdale Elementary.
- Emanuel Magana, Springdale Elementary.
- Morryson Tutt, West Handley Elementary.
Ten-thousand free copies of the 2020 KnoWhat2Do Emergency Preparedness Calendar will be available to the public in December.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Application deadline extended: Preserve the Fort initiative offers $10 million in grants to Fort Worth small businesses
- YMCA to continue feeding kids during the summer
- Apply for city's environmental awards program
- Take precautions as summer weather arrives in North Texas
- Changes in Development Services Department allow staff to assist more customers remotely
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Timberland Park: 7 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Chamber, 1000 Throckmorton Street, Fort Worth, 76102.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 9, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County WDB Meeting: 9 a.m. June 10, 2020; Virtual Zoom Meeting.
View the agenda »
Canceled Vendor Informational Forum for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises: 11:30 a.m. June 11, 2020; Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, 1150 South Freeway.
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. June 11, 2020; Teleconference Meeting.
View the agenda »
Canceled Landscape CPR: 6 p.m. June 11, 2020; Botanical Research Institute of Texas, 1700 University Drive.