Join MedStar for an interactive, behind-the-scenes look at emergency medical services and mobile integrated health care by participating in the MedStar Citizen’s Academy.
Classes will be held 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays July 9-Aug. 13 at the MedStar Training Academy, 2900 Alta Mere Drive. Participants must be at least 18 years old and live or work in the MedStar service area. The program is free, but space is limited.
Participants will cover these topics:
- 911 dispatch.
- EMS equipment and procedures demonstration.
- Ambulance ride-along.
- Basic first aid, chest compression and automated external defibrillator training.
- The new role of EMS in mobile integrated healthcare delivery.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Celebrate Independence Day safely and legally, but leave fireworks to the pros
- City Council releases meeting schedule for summer
- Free Friday on Fort Worth Bike Sharing start June 28
- Free day of fun for families on June 29
- Students experience behind-the-scenes look at city departments
- More News »
City of Fort Worth Workshops - RFP, RFQ, ITB and Best Value Solicitations: 8:30 a.m. June 27, 2019; James E. Guinn Entrepreneurial Campus - Fort Worth Business Assistance Center, 1150 South Freeway.
Register for this event »
Upper & Middle Village Creek Parallel Relief Main Part 2 Project Meeting: 6:30 p.m. June 27, 2019; Townley Elementary, 2200 McPherson Road.
Meadow Lakes / Jenkins Heights Abandonment Project Meeting: 6:30 p.m. July 1, 2019; Lake Worth Multipupose Cener, 7005 Charbonneau Road.
Fourth of July Parade at Andrew Doc Session Community Center: 10 a.m. July 2, 2019; Andrew Doc Session Community Center, 201 S. Sylvania Ave.