As a result of the recent storm in Fort Worth, some residents may have experienced downed branches, limbs, trees and fences. The city’s goal is to provide residents time to clean up and to offer convenient options for disposal.
Following these simple guidelines will help the contractors stay on schedule for collection:
- Place bulk items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday of your assigned week. You may place items on the curb as early as 6 p.m. the Friday before your assigned week.
- Tree limbs that are greater than four inches in diameter or longer than eight feet are considered bulk.
- Yard waste collections, which are made weekly, include small tree limbs, shrubs and bagged yard debris. These items should be smaller than four inches in diameter and less than eight feet long.
- If you’re putting out other bulk items, such as yard furniture and fence panels, they need to be kept separate from the yard debris to allow for proper and timely collection.
For residents with debris piles larger than 10 cubic yards (roughly the size of a Volkswagen Beetle), notify the call center at 817-392-1234 or 1234@FortWorthTexas.gov to report the large pile. This will allow the city to better understand collection needs and assign additional equipment if needed.
The city has four drop-off stations available for residents to dispose of tree limbs, brush and other storm-related items.
Note: The Southeast Drop-off Station, 5150 Martin Luther King Freeway, will be closed through July 10 for renovations. The Brennan, Old Hemphill and Hillshire (North Service Center) locations will remain open and can be used by all residents.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Fort Worth Zoo reopens to the public May 29
- New transit option in Crowley starts June 1
- Read Fort Worth salutes parents after an extraordinary school year
- City taking steps to limit impact of egrets in south Fort Worth
- Camp Fort Worth's start will be delayed this summer
- More News »
Housing Neighborhood Services Committee: 2 p.m. June 2, 2020; Virtual.
View the agenda »
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled Financial Empowerment Workshop Series: 6 p.m. June 2, 2020; Northside Community Center, 1100 N.W. 18th St.
Register for this event »
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.