A delegation of 50 Fort Worth community and business leaders is in Phoenix to observe the best practices of that city.
The visit was planned by the City of Fort Worth, the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce and Visit Fort Worth. The trip is an outgrowth of the three organizations’ strategic plans, which call for collaboration on economic development. The trip is sponsored in part by American Airlines.
The delegation is expected to generate ideas from Phoenix to address opportunities in Fort Worth related to economic prosperity. The focus will be on economic development strategies, talent development with universities and sport tourism, including:
- How the economic development strategies of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council and Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce are impacting the region.
- How Phoenix is developing youth and amateur sports tourism for economic impact and bringing families to the city.
- How talent gaps are being solved by partnerships between higher education institutions and businesses.
Last year, a similar delegation visited Kansas City to study education, entrepreneurship and regional collaboration.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Fort Worth Zoo reopens to the public May 29
- New transit option in Crowley starts June 1
- Read Fort Worth salutes parents after an extraordinary school year
- City taking steps to limit impact of egrets in south Fort Worth
- Camp Fort Worth's start will be delayed this summer
- More News »
Housing Neighborhood Services Committee: 2 p.m. June 2, 2020; Virtual.
View the agenda »
City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled Financial Empowerment Workshop Series: 6 p.m. June 2, 2020; Northside Community Center, 1100 N.W. 18th St.
Register for this event »
City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. June 2, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.