The following information is a preview of items being discussed at City Council and committee meetings this week.
All meetings are held at Fort Worth City Hall, 200 Texas St. Complete meeting agendas are available online.
If you can not attend a meeting in person, you can watch them online at Fort Worth TV.
City Council Work Session, 3 p.m., Room 290
- Councilmembers will hear an update on a police-initiated towing service contract with AutoReturn. The city first contracted with AutoReturn on Dec. 1, 2018, and the contract has resulted in faster response time and less staff time devoted to police-initiated vehicle tows.
- City Manager David Cooke and Jennifer Dyke of the Transportation & Public Works Department will make a presentation on the open-space acquisition program, which aims to preserve green space. The discussion will include open-space planning, potential acquisition areas, funding sources and next steps.
City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Councilmembers will vote on the Council meeting schedule for 2020, which will include a return to daytime meetings during certain weeks.
- Members will vote on a resolution to executive contracts with several experts who will serve on a committee to review patterns, policies, training, procedures and practices in the Fort Worth Police Department.
- A resolution supporting a Vision Zero strategy, which would eliminate traffic fatalities and serious injuries in Fort Worth, is on the agenda.
- The City Council will vote on several zoning cases.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Governor Abbott establishes statewide face covering requirement, issues proclamation to limit gatherings
- Sister Cities International conference goes virtual
- Sorority members collaborate with community groups to create mural promoting peace
- Online meeting to focus on meet and confer agreement between city, police
- Panther Island, Trinity Park, Broadcast Hill will be closed, but fireworks will go on
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. July 9, 2020; Videoconference.
View the agenda »