Fort Worth’s 21st annual Environmental Excellence Awards saw the addition of the Innovation Award, to recognize companies advancing greater environmental awareness.
The Fort Worth location of Recaro, a German aircraft seating manufacturer, received the Innovation Award in the Solid Waste Reduction or Reuse category.
The company challenged its 600 employees to be sustainable in the office by bringing in coffee mugs and silverware from home. As a result, Styrofoam cups and plastic utensils are no longer used at their facility. The company also replaced more than 1,500 lights at its facility with LED lightbulbs.
Fort Worth’s Stage West Theater and Fort Worth Starbucks locations won honorable mention awards in the same category.
The Environmental Excellence Awards honors businesses who have made significant strides with their pollution prevention programs and water conservation efforts.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Governor Abbott establishes statewide face covering requirement, issues proclamation to limit gatherings
- Sister Cities International conference goes virtual
- Sorority members collaborate with community groups to create mural promoting peace
- Online meeting to focus on meet and confer agreement between city, police
- Panther Island, Trinity Park, Broadcast Hill will be closed, but fireworks will go on
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. July 9, 2020; Videoconference.
View the agenda »