Michelle Gutt, director of Fort Worth’s Communications & Public Engagement Department, won the Douglas Ann Newsom PRSA Professional of the Year award at the Greater Fort Worth Public Relations Society of America’s eighth annual Worthy Awards ceremony Nov. 6.
The accolade was created to recognize public relations professionals in the Greater Fort Worth area who have attained significant achievements and made outstanding contributions to the profession.
“Through her strategic, positive and labor intensive efforts, Michelle has made significant contributions to the public relations profession in North Texas through outstanding service and notable achievements,” the PRSA chapter said.
Gutt also won two Awards of Excellence for her work on the One Fort Worth campaign — one in the Community Relations category and the other in the Integrated Communications category.
Additionally, four members of her CPE team also won Worthy Awards:
- Andrea Duffie, Alison Rich and Maiya Hollie picked up an Award of Excellence in the Internal Communications category for their work on the Employee Pension Campaign.
- Kevin Neal earned an Award of Achievement in the Annual Report category for his work on the City of Fort Worth 2018 Annual Report.
The Worthy Awards celebrate the best in strategic communications programs and tactics practiced by professionals and students in the Greater Fort Worth area.
Get articles like this in your inbox. Subscribe to City News.
- Governor Abbott establishes statewide face covering requirement, issues proclamation to limit gatherings
- Sister Cities International conference goes virtual
- Sorority members collaborate with community groups to create mural promoting peace
- Online meeting to focus on meet and confer agreement between city, police
- Panther Island, Trinity Park, Broadcast Hill will be closed, but fireworks will go on
- More News »
Canceled City Council Work Session: 3 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Conference Room 290, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Canceled City Council Meeting: 7 p.m. July 7, 2020; City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 200 Texas St.
Fort Worth Public Improvement District No. 1 Advisory Board: 8:30 a.m. July 8, 2020; WebEx.
View the agenda »
Register for this event »
Regional Transportation Council Meeting: 1 p.m. July 9, 2020; Videoconference.
View the agenda »